Reconstructive Plastic Surgery in Columbus, OH
There are numerous causes that may call for reconstructive surgery, many of which carry with them a story or a challenge that’s been conquered. It’s our goal to provide quality reconstructive surgery that helps patients feel as close to “normal” as they did before their accident or surgery. We pride ourselves on our individualistic approach and care for our patients, particularly in these types of procedures. Dr. Michael DePerro offers his services for those who reside in or near Columbus, Dublin, Clintonville, Upper Arlington and the surrounding areas of Ohio.
What is Reconstructive Surgery?
Reconstructive surgery is used to treat areas of the body that have been affected by trauma, congenital defect, an abnormality, infection, disease of some sort, or a tumor. Reconstruction is performed in order to improve the functionality and appearance of different structures of the body. The goal of reconstructive surgery is to improve both the physical and emotional well being of the patient.
What are the Benefits of Reconstructive Surgery?
Reconstructive surgery can be beneficial both physically and mentally. Physically the damaged area is restored as best as possible to its preinjury state. This hopefully will be able to improve both the function and appearance of the patient. Mentally you may feel more confident and less conscious about your appearance and what others are seeing when they look at you. Reconstructive surgery has been shown time and time again to improve the overall quality of life for patients.
Who is a Candidate for Reconstructive Surgery?
Candidates of reconstructive surgery should be able to fall under these criteria:
- Aside from the areas that need reconstructed, the individual should be healthy physically and mentally
- Free from any medical conditions that would prevent proper healing after the surgery is completed
- Expectations should be realistic of the patient and understand the risks involved with any surgical procedure
Types of Facial Reconstructive Offered
- Breast Reconstruction – reconstruction of the breast(s) to restore the appearance, shape, and size; typically performed after a mastectomy due to cancer
- Facial Reconstruction – reconstruction of the face to restore the appearance and functionally; typically performed after a trauma or cancer operation
- Burn Reconstruction – repairing areas of the body that have sustained skin/tissue loss due to a thermal/electrical/chemical burn.
How Much Does Reconstructive Surgery Cost in Columbus, OH?
It’s our goal to provide quality reconstructive surgery that allows the patient to act and feel as they did before the inciting event. Fortunately, reconstructive surgery is almost always covered by insurance. Dr. DePerro and his highly trained staff will be able to go over this in detail during your consultation. Scheduling a consultation with Dr. DePerro will provide you with the additional information required to make an informed decision.
DePerro Plastic Surgery offers personalized care for personalized results. Residents in or near Columbus and other areas in the state who are ready to make a positive change should take the next step in their lives. Don’t hesitate to contact us and set up your reconstructive surgery consultation with Dr. Michael DePerro today!