Botox in Columbus, OH
BOTOX® Cosmetic seems to be everywhere these days. You hear about it on TV, on the radio, and while getting your haircut. There’s a reason for that, and it’s because it works. BOTOX® helps to smooth out the wrinkles that come with age and can help restore your youthful appearance. DePerro Plastic Surgery offers BOTOX® in the communities of Columbus, Dublin, Upper Arlington, Clintonville, and throughout Central Ohio.
How does BOTOX® work?
- BOTOX® targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years.
- BOTOX® is injected into these muscles to temporarily reduce muscle activity. After an injection, you will begin to notice a visible smoothing of the wrinkles of your face.
BOTOX® is the only FDA-approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet in adults. BOTOX® is a nonsurgical, injectable treatment. It is the #1 selling product of its kind in the United States and the world. BOTOX® was approved in the United States for moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in 2002, and for moderate to severe crow’s feet in 2013. BOTOX® is well studied with 442 articles published in scientific and medical journals
What are the Benefits of BOTOX®?
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to three to four months.
- What BOTOX® is NOT:
- It is not a surgical procedure
- It is not a filler (a substance that is injected into certain areas of the face to “fill in” wrinkles)
- It is not permanent
Who is a Candidate for BOTOX®?
- In order to get the most out of your BOTOX® treatment, you should first have a facial analysis done by Dr. DePerro.
- Do men receive BOTOX® treatments? Absolutely! BOTOX® Cosmetic has also been thoroughly clinically evaluated in male patients. Every year the percentage of male patients getting BOTOX® treatments increases.
- Does a BOTOX® treatment hurt?
Most patients report that being injected with BOTOX® feels like a small pinch. Overall, the vast majority of patients say that the pain is minimal and only lasts for a minute or two while we are injecting you.
How is Botox® Performed?
Dr. DePerro will ensure that you are comfortable before injecting BOTOX® into your facial wrinkles. BOTOX® is given during an in-office visit. The injection process usually takes about 10 minutes. Dr. DePerro will give you a series of injections into the dynamic wrinkles on your forehead and face at each treatment session. You should be able to resume your normal daily activities, but some patients have mild bruising for a day or two, so keep your social plans and work commitments in mind when scheduling your treatment. After your treatment, you will be given a cold pack to apply to the treatment area for a few minutes. This should help minimize any swelling that may develop.
How long is the recovery time after treatment?
After your BOTOX® treatment, you can resume your day. The only restriction is that we ask that you don’t do any strenuous physical activity or go to the gym for the remainder of the day. This helps prevent bruising. The next morning you can resume normal activities and exercise.
How Much Does BOTOX® Cost in Columbus, OH?
Dr. DePerro will help you determine how many units are needed to correct your problem areas. This will be based on the extent of your wrinkles. At your consultation, the cost of your entire procedure will be determined. We accept check, cash, major credit card, and offer financing through CareCredit®.
DePerro Plastic Surgery offers personalized care for personalized results. Residents in or near Columbus and other areas in the state, such as Dublin, Clintonville, and Upper Arlington, who are ready to make a positive change should take the next step in their lives. Don’t hesitate to contact us and set up your BOTOX® consultation today!