Breast Implants in Columbus, OH
If you are looking into having implants put in then DePerro Plastic Surgery in Columbus, OH, has you covered! We offer two types of implants, silicone or saline, and are more than capable of discussing with you the difference in the two types. We also offer breast implant removal for those who need them taken out for whatever reason. DePerro Plastic Surgery treats residents in Columbus and other areas in the state.
What are Breast Implants?
Breast implants are a type of sack filled with either saline or silicone that is placed above or below the pectoral muscles of a woman’s breasts. These implants offer shape and volume to women regardless of their size and are viable options for any breast implant surgery.
What’s the difference between Saline and Silicone Breast Implants?
- Saline Implants:
- Saline implants are filled with sterile salt water that varies in amount, which can affect the shape, firmness, and the overall feel of the breast.
- They tend to give a slightly fuller appearance and feel firmer to the touch.
- Saline breast implants are slightly less expensive than silicone breast implants and are FDA approved for augmentation in women 18 years of age and older.
- Saline implants can show more ripples than silicone implants when the patient has less soft tissue coverage.
- Silicone Implants:
- Silicone implants are filled with a semi-solid silicone gel that feels and moves much more like the patient’s natural breast tissue.
- DePerro’s preferred implant are silicone implants.
- They tend to feel softer than saline implants and show less rippling.
- They come in varying sizes and projections and are slightly more expensive than saline implants. However, surgeons feel the benefits are worth the cost.
- They are FDA approved for breast augmentation in women 22 years of age and older.
What are the Benefits of Breast Implants?
The benefits of breast implants can be seen through improved self-esteem, a more positive body image, and an increase in sexual satisfaction. Feeling confident in your own skin, loving your body, and having an ego boost in the bedroom can make massive changes in your mindset and on your physical health.
Who is a Candidate for Breast Implants?
If you are a woman that is 18 or older, not pregnant or have been free from breastfeeding for at least 12 months, then you are a viable candidate. If you have had implants before and want them removed, you must be physically healthy enough to handle the procedure to have them removed.
How is Breast Implant Surgery Performed?
The surgery consists of an incision placed on the agreed upon location of both the patient and the doctor, and the implant is either inserted or removed through the incision. Once the implant is either inserted or removed the incision is closed.
How Much Do Breast Implants Cost in Columbus, OH?
Dr. DePerro can go over the options and costs for the implants that are right for your body type and needs. There are several options for payment, which include cash, major credit cards, checks, and even CareCredit® financing. With so many options, we want to help you choose the best fit for your breast implant surgery.
DePerro Plastic Surgery offers personalized care for personalized results. Residents in or near Columbus who are ready to make a positive change should take the next step in this exciting process. Don’t hesitate to contact us and set up your breast implant consultation today!